Sunday, November 23, 2014

Self-Care

I tend to live a life that is rushed. This is something I struggle with.  I have always been one to put the important things when pertaining to myself on the back burner.  I focus on others or I focus on the little things that are not as important as my anxiety tells me they are. 

I have been attempting to practice self-care which to me means consciously doing things I love or that are good for me without putting them on the back burner or feeling guilty when doing them.  It has been baby steps and I do regress, but here are a couple of things that I have made constants in my self-care toolbox:
Therapy – I am very open about my love for therapy. I truly feel everyone should see a good therapist at some point in their life.  Do I go regularly? Nope. I am more at the maintenance stage of my life but you better believe I pick up the phone to make an appointment when I feel the need.  It is time that I need for myself and this journey of self-discovery is priceless.

Dry Brushing & Detox Baths – G works Sundays, and I usually spend the hour before he comes home dry brushing followed by a detox bath.  I fill the tub with 1 cup Epson salts, 1 cup baking soda, and the essential oils of the evening.  This evening I chose Bergamot and Clary Sage. I have been struggling with some anxiety and I feel this blend does wonders to calm me.  I often, but not always tune into a podcast directed meditation as I soak.

Vitamins/Supplements/Essential Oils – I take 5 minutes every morning to take my needed vitamins/supplements.  I know this may sound silly, but there was a point in life where I would be so busy, that I would forget to do something as habitual as taking ones vitamins.  I now make a habit of doing so after getting settled at work. I am mindful, of why I am taking them.

Blogging – I decided to jump back into blogging.  Writing is truly a passion of mine and something I love doing. I look forward to where this blog may lead me!

Chiropractor - I am lucky enough to have found the best chiropractor in the world. I do not skimp on my visits, and often schedule my life around my visits. The experience is so zen from beginning to end.

What are some of the ways you practice self-care?

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got me into essential oils. One of my goals is to learn more and get more balanced so you're such a great inspiration!! The bath sounds amazing, I'll have to try it on Saturday nights when Joey is at work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use Valor! It is so relaxing. The water needs to be as hot as you can stand it. Just sit for 20 minutes. I usually take a quick cold shower afterwards to rinse all of the toxins from my skin.

      Delete