Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Pregnancy Points

This pregnancy has been pretty uneventful with the exception of the bleeding/spotting which thankfully stopped after a few weeks. 

  • My nausea was minimal.  I experienced most nausea in the late afternoon hours.  I would also say I experienced more nausea with Lucia which usually occurred in the evenings. 
  • I was exhausted during the first trimester, but I think my body was already primed and already exhausted so it did not affect me as much as during my pregnancy with Lucia.  However, I sure do miss those days during my pregnancy with Lucia where I would pick up take-out on my way home from work and go straight to bed.  That does not happen with baby number two, so take advantage of sleep first time moms! 
  • I crave citrus as I did with Lucia, but also have a bit more salty cravings than I did with Lucia.
  • I experienced more round ligament pain, but really it was just a bit of a nuisance.
  • This little boy has settled himself pretty low. I feel lots of pressure.  I felt very little pressure with Lucia even at the very end of my pregnancy. 
  • I am 27 weeks and 4 days today, and I have had very minimal swelling. NOTHING compared to the swelling I had with Lucia. 
  • The beginning of my second trimester with Lucia I was plagued with awful migraines. I have only had a few headaches here and there with this pregnancy.  
  • I decided to skip the 1 hr glucose test and go straight for the gusto (3 hr glucose test).  I did this for a couple of reasons; I failed the 1 hour with Lucia figured I would fail again, I am in the midst of busy season at work and would rather just be away from work for 3 hours rather than 4.  I know a bit crazy. Anyhow, I passed with flying colors.  
  • I am anemic which I also was with Lucia. I was not surprised by this. 
  • I am way more laid back, but I think that is consistent with second children
Praying that things continue to remain eventful!



No comments:

Post a Comment