Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Doctor of Blood

I have learned blood clotting disorders and pregnancy are everything but black and white and everyone has a different opinion on how or when to treat them.  I met with a Hematologist this afternoon and I feel so much less confuzzled.  As I have mentioned before I found out I am compound heterozygous MTHFR, but I am also homozygous PAI-1 4G/5G and HPA-1. 

The thing about blood clotting disorders is they could quite possibly never, ever affect you or your pregnancy.  Then again they could.

My history proves losses due to chromosomal errors and not due to my blood clotting disorders.   

He personally feels that if my homocysteine levels check out fine my chances of dealing with a pregancy loss due to my particular blood clotting disorders is low. 

However, seeing that I have more than two clotting disorders he felt that the lowest dose of Lovenox up until the 2nd trimester would be the best course of action.

This is fabulous news. 

He sent me off with a homocysteine and Lupus Anticoagulant blood test script and the orders of calling him after embryo transfer. 

This my friends was a good appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment