Wednesday, May 6, 2015

After Sun Spray


You would think after 33 years I would have avoiding a sunburn down pat.  Welp, not the case. It happens. This past Saturday in Chicago was gorgeous and it just so happens I spent the entire day outside which turned me into a lobster.  You can call me "lobster lady".

Luckily for me I had my DIY after sun spray on hand.  This stuff is amazing.  It provides instant relief and is also ultra moisturizing which is exactly what sun parched skin needs MOISTURE.  So in addition to dousing youself in your DIY after sun spray get yourself some electrolytes!

I had a smaller bottle (pictured) on hand, but the next batch I make will be in a larger spray bottle (I really love this stuff!) and here is the forumulation

16oz glass spray bottle
1/2 cup pure aloe vera (not the easiest thing to find) or 1 cup aloe vera juice
1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil
1 teaspoon Vitamin E
8 drops Young Living Lavender
6 drops Young Living Peppermint
8 drops Young Living Frankincense or Elemi (I use Frank)

Combine ingredients and shake - easy peasy!

Make sure to give the bottle a shake before each application.  This stuff is great to cool off skin even if its not sun burned.  Its a natural skin loving quencher.  Think gatorade for your skin.

If you are interested in ordering Young Living Essential Oils click here for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment