Thursday, June 1, 2017

Baby Must Haves {First 6 Months}

I have kept a running list of my baby must haves with Lucia to share with my sister-in-law and brother who are going through infertility treatments.  They recently had a very successful retrieval with excellent PGS results - okay, perfect PGS results! 

I figured I could share my baby must haves with you! These are my must haves for the first 6 months and also some honorable mentions. 


Cloud B Sleep Sheep - Lucia needs white noise to sleep, and that is not a bad thing. There are several advantages of sleeping with white noise.  The white noise is a cue for Lucia to sleep.  When she hears the noise she almost instantaneously closes her eyes and drifts off into a peaceful slumber. Are sleeping babies not the sweetest thing? Anyhow, there is also this study which shows that babies who sleep with a fan in their room are at a lower risk for SIDS. It could be the air circulation, but could also be the white noise.  The white noise reduces active sleep and active sleep is the sleep state where SIDS is most likely to occur.  White noise is also a tremendous help for when she is overstimulated. Again, it has a calming cue. We have several white noise machines around the house in the areas she sleeps and then also the White Noise app for on the go. 

Fisher Price Kick and Play Piano - This was the first toy that Lucia was interested in and still finds interesting. I can see her playing with this for months to come as it 'grows with her'. The music stimulates her and she loves to kick the keys to set off the music.  She found this much more interesting than her $80 play mat especially in the younger months. This is a great toy to introduce to your little one around the 2 month mark. 

Fisher Price Rock n Play - This has been the single most necessary baby item for us.  The only thing I would change is I would purchase two seeing we have a two story house. Lucia suffered from some nasty acid reflux and this little contraption has been her saving grace. We do not use the vibrate or auto rock functions but Lucia has been sleeping in this contraption since she refused to sleep in her expensive bassinet and crib.  As much as I love it, I know that this is going to be a very hard habit to break and need to begin transitioning Lucia to sleeping in her crib. I should have begun this like yesterday (months ago). I plan on beginning the transition tomorrow evening. Wish me luck - I am going to need it. 

Lifefactory Silicone Teethers - I feel as if I have purchased every teether known to man, but these were clearly the winners with our sweet Lucia. The different textures, ease of bending and overall design have been key in helping with the pain associated with teething.  They are also made in the USA! 

Hanna Andersson Pajamas - If you follow me on Instagram then you know I have a slight infatuation with these pajamas, but seriously these are the best pajamas. Lucia has been wearing a few pairs of HA jammies since she was born and is just now outgrowing them (size 50) She could not wear 0-3 month (too big) clothing when she was born, but was able to wear the HA (size 50) with obviously months to grow! They are made with organic cotton, no flame retardants, and are super soft (and get softer after each wash). In addition, these suckers wear well. They look almost brand new. The zippered long johns have been my favorite for all of the midnight diaper changes. 

Munchkin Waterproof Changing Pad Liners - We use these suckers everywhere there may be a mess (bouncer, changing pad, pack & play) etc. We also used them during the newborn stage when we would change her on our bed because let me tell you even girls get a bit wild when they pee. 




1 comment: