Thursday, February 9, 2017

Dear Lucia, (one month)

I had plans to begin writing letters to Lucia on her monthly "birthdays" and then yearly, and figured I would use my blog to do so.  I also plan on sending them to an email address that I have setup for her.  This has been waiting in my drafts since the day she turned 1 month - January 2nd.  I finally had some time to clean it up.

Dear Lucia,

Today you are one month old. I can hardly believe it. Our life feels so complete with you. This whole being a mom is new to me, but I already know that God has chosen me to be your Mom and I plan on doing my absolute best.

You can often find me (and Daddy for that matter) staring at you.  It's a mixture of us staring at how beautiful you are and us being mesmerized of how lucky we are to be blessed to have you in our lives.

Life has been busy since bringing you home from the hospital on December 4th.  You have had MANY visitors, and I am not going to lie it has been hard sharing you with others but everyone deserves some Lucia snuggles in their lives.  We will always be thankful for the love and support we received from family and friends both before you arrived and after you arrived.  You are so very loved.

We celebrated your first Christmas.  It wasn't exactly as I pictured as both myself and Daddy had bad colds. Fortunately, you have come down with the mild version of what we had and we have been battling it with lots of time at the spa (bathroom with the hot shower running). It seems to be helping.


Overall you are a very happy baby - congestion and all.  You only fuss and cry if you need something (milk or a diaper change). You have the cutest facial expressions with my favorite being the 'suspicious' look as coined by your Great Grandma S. We look forward to watching you grow into your very unique personality.


You love your rock & play, but hate your bassinet. You love baths but hate being dressed.  You hate getting your diaper changed and make things very difficult by locking your legs, but absolutely love to pee on us! You love to stretch and are found most of the time sleeping just as you did in the womb with a hand near your face.

Your one month baby wellness visit went well and you are currently 8lb 6oz and 20.5 inches.  You currently wear Newborn sized clothing.  You didn't mind your doctors appointment with the exception of the dislike of the bitter cold weather we were experiencing.  We can't blame you there!

You look like a mixture of Daddy and I.  I personally believe you look much more like Daddy than myself, but it depends on the facial expression (and you have a bunch!) Your eyes are a beautiful blue and your hair is on the lighter side.  We are anxious to see what you look like in the months to come.

Lucia you have brought so much joy into our lives and we have been so very thankful to have been blessed with a gift as wonderful as you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment