Friday, July 29, 2016

Half Baked

Today marks 20w1d. I am officially more pregnant than I have ever been before, and glowing because of it. 

20 Weeks!

Total Weight Gain – 7 lbs BUT it seems like so much more. Most likely due to the excess IVF weight. 

Sleep – I am having difficulties sleeping on the recommended left side – even with the Snoogle. My husband does a pretty good job reminding me when I forget. So sleep isn't as great as it was pre-pregnancy, but I cant complain. I still get my 8 hours. Also, holy pregnancy dreams!

Food Cravings -  
Orange juice which follows in the theme of citrus! I also had a weird craving for Cream Soda which is odd seeing I have never had it. 

Food Aversions – Ehhh… no big ones as of lately. I have always been a very picky meat eater and things are no different but maybe a bit more extreme.

Symptoms -  Flutters and light kicks before bed! This is huge considering my anterior placenta. Without fail I feel flutters and light kicks every evening before I doze off. Highlight of my day, to say the least.

 
Gender - 

Other Happenings – My right foot decided to swell up. My doctor was a bit concerned as it was 2 inches larger than my left foot, so he ordered a Doppler ultrasound to be sure it wasn’t a blood clot. All is well, but I really need to do better at sleeping on my left side, drinking more water and peeing more (is that even possible?)

We had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound yesterday and baby is looking perfect.  I am still going to have an echocardiogram due to the slight, slight increased risk in heart issues with IVF babies. My doctor does not seem concerned whats-so-ever, and saw the four chambers of the heart, but just to make sure sure! He also informed me he is not willing to let me go past my due date because of this being an IVF pregnancy. This is often debated in the IVF community, but my husband and I both decided that we would follow the doctor's orders and God willing she shows up before an induction is necessary (but not too early!)

Looking Forward To - Getting things situated. I am such a planner and have a whole list of things I want to accomplish before December. Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment