Friday, April 17, 2015

Waiting

I feel like that is all we do these days - wait.

The last couple of months have been up in the air with us not knowing what our next step would be.  Limbo, limbo!  We now know the next step we have decided to take and it's all about waiting.  We have done a lot of waiting the last couple of months;  waiting in doctor offices, waiting for blood draws, waiting for test results and now more waiting. 

The current wait is to start the suppression phase which will do just that supress my ovaries of their "normal" functioning.  Isn't it ironic.  I am waiting to start the birth control pill.

There has been some preparation on my part. I am doing my best to do anything and everything I can for a postive outcome.  Staying productive keeps my mind busy during the waiting. Here are a few things I have been doing to prepare myself.
  • I have started to eat cleaner than usual - avoiding soy (should have been doing that to begin with, but ya know I am *not perfect*), eliminating gluten, eliminating dairy and daily wheat grass juice
  • Started taking a slew of vitamins including EPA/DHA fish oil, prenatal, magnesium, ubiquinol, B complex and probiotics
  • I have been moving more and attempting to stay active without being too active to avoid any drastic lifestyle changes that may/may not affect my body
  • Adios all caffeine and alcohol
  • I attempted accupuncture, but I am not sure how I feel about it.  My first session was $145 and they are recommending two sessions per week.  This is a lot of money.  I intend on looking for a much more affordable option, but there is also the fact that I felt very uncomfortable during my session.  I was anxious and did not destress as I thought I would.  I instead felt even more anxious.  I dont know if its for me and I am struggling to accept that I may put it on the side.  There is another option of seeing if my chiropractor's wife is still practicing.  I am extremely calm at his office and I think there would be a drastic difference in my enjoyment level if it was done there.  We shall see, but I am trying very hard to not beat myself up over considering not doing it at all.
  • Attempting to be more mindful and eliminating stress in my life.  This was tested through busy season at work.  I have come to the realization that I am not "Super Woman" and I make mistakes.  I need to learn to deal with this better than I do.
  • At least 8 hours of sleep and a bedtime of 10:30. My RE stressed the importance of sleep and melatonin and I am not having much difficulty following this. What can I say? I love sleep.
When you are investing $$$ and your entire heart into something, you really want to give it your all.  I am doing just that - giving it my all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment